Saturday, June 12, 2010

Packing up

I needed to take a break from looking at cardboard boxes for a few minutes, so I thought I would update the blog.

Our timeline for the next week:

Joe will be at the closing in GA on Tuesday morning. He'll fly back here, then we travel up to Mason for Thomas' last baseball game that evening. Wednesday morning at 9:00, our helpful volunteers arrive to load the remaining furniture and boxes into our 2nd Pack Rat moving unit. We will start driving south when that is loaded, locked, and the house is cleaned. We plan on staying in a hotel with a swimming pool that night. We'll finish the drive on Thursday.

We have no idea when our moving units will arrive!! Anywhere from 5-10 business days was the answer we were given. In the meantime, we'll be at the new (EMPTY)house, deciding on room assignments, thnking about paint colors, getting groceries, etc...
We'll arrive just in time for the girls to go to VBS at our new church!!

On the Kentucky front, closets are empty, pantry and cupboards are only containing a few food items and our paper plates. Freezer and refrigerator are pretty empty. I'm taking all of the food we won't use to friends.

In other news this week...I found out I have Type 2 Diabetes. And to think I was crediting the stress of the past 10 months to the way I had been feeling!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best in your travels and all that is to follow. What a blessing to be able to attend the VBS at your new church. What a whammo to find out about the diabetes amidst all the other stress. hopefully when life settles down for you all that will help. You all are in our thoughts and prayers. Gym won't be the same without you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself! Diabetes is not a pleasant surprise and I am sorry you are facing that in the midst of so much else.

    ReplyDelete