I've used the "Changes" title enough times!
I should learn to hold off updating the blog. Lately, it seems that I update, then the next day I have to redo the update. The last entry is no different. An hour or so after the last entry, Joe called and said the closing on the south house is on hold!!! What we've been told is the lady selling the house said she was divorced and her Ex signed paper work so she could sell the house. Well, she's not divorced and the title company can't find her estranged husband to verify his information, so no sale. Our realtor is working on anything she can do to help. They're still trying to make this deal work. She said she doesn't even know how to advise us!
So, what are we going to do?? This house hasn't sold. Our moving bin arrived today, so we're loading it. We're still going to leave on Wed. We decided to live in our camper in the south. A friend of Joe's offered to let us live on his driveway for 2 weeks. We'll use the bathroom in the house and sightsee during the day. Our camper isn't large enough to spend too much time in there together. It's more of a sleeping camper!
On the drive south, the kids and I will meander for a few days and Joe will probably catch a flight from Knoxville to get the camper set up for us. He has to work Friday and Saturday, so we'll try to time our arrival for Saturday. If you know of any sights to see along our path, let us know.
We'll just keep praying for what God wants us to learn or do with all of this situation. We may have to start looking at houses again!
If the past is any indicator, I'll be posting an amended update later!!
Praying!
ReplyDeleteLooks like an unintended vacation for half of the Wicker clan. (with no particular end in sight) Praying for a quick resolution to all of the issues. The Lord will see you through.
ReplyDelete