Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sweet Karoline

Tomorrow is Karoline's 9th birthday!!! She has been counting the days for weeks. She planned her meals for the day weeks ago, also. Denny's gives you a Free Grand Slam meal if you prove it is your birthday. So, we will be heading to Denny's with a copy of her birth certificate in hand. For dinner, she chose ham, sweet potato fries, baked mac and cheese (or as my kids call it...Macaroni and Grandma Cheese. LONG STORY!), and strawberry shortcake. Considering she is our salad and veggie lover, it is a different combination. I guess I will be doing a lot of cooking between breakfast and dinner. Good thing we have the day off from school! That is the tradition in our school.

In other news...

More rooms are painted. It is beginning to look more OUR house. At least the ugly 80's wallpaper is gone! We have a lot of blues, grays, and reds in our color palette. And then there is Helayna's room. She has never been a girly, pink loving girl, but, this time she chose Raspberry Sorbet for her room. It is electric magenta, for lack of a better discription. It is shocking, but it looks great with her aqua and lime green room accents. I hope she can sleep in there, though!!

We have family coming through next week on their way to Florida (YEA!!!!!!), so the big push is on this week to get all of the rooms in order since the mass painting event.

Yes, we will, one day, be capable of putting pictures on the blog again. I know, I keep promising! One day the rooms will be worthy of taking a picture! For one day, probably!

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say that I'm so glad you blog? I love being able to keep up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its an older post but yay, yay anyway!! So nice to have some Wicker news!!..:):)
    You know we love you guys and miss you!!!
    Jim for us both

    ReplyDelete